Friday, January 4

New Beginnings......

2012 Sucked.  Yup.  It just did. 
Thank goodness I had the happiness of our January wedding to balance all the suckiness that was Twenty Twelve.  I married the man of my dreams and my best friend, and I am grateful every day for him!  Because from February on, I know I wouldn't have been strong enough to go through it all on my own.  Lots of work related crap, some family drama and then the loss of my 3 beautiful cats.  There were days when it was just too much, and it was all I could do to get up in the morning. 

I'm sad when I look back at 2012, and wished that our first year of marriage could have been a lovely fairytale.  That's not how the real world works though, and now that the new year as rolled around I'm determined to stay focused and keep looking forward!

I've decided to close the Whimsy Shop for now, that was a big step.  My heart just wasn't into it anymore, and I haven't been inspired to make anything with polymer clay lately.  I'd been thinking about it for most of the year, and finally just bit the bullet and announced it in December.  I immediately felt a huge feeling or relief, so I know that it was the right thing.  I'm not certain if I will go in another direction yet or not... right now I'm just having fun being creative when the moment hit in whatever medium I feel drawn to!  I love the freedom!

Two of my favorite things about 2013 are these cuties that we are bringing home on February 16th....  I can't contain my excitement!  It will be tricky introducing them to our current brood of hooligans, but for some reason I feel so at peace with this decision.  I can't explain it, but it just feels right!  The reality is of course, that both Gabe (12) and Bronte (16) are ill (aged related illnesses) and I needed something other then depressing, heartbreaking vet visits to think about.  

I think these two furballs will be a wonderful addition to our home!  They are Traditional Doll Faced Persians, the girl is a Silver and the boy is a Cameo.  We are still thinking of names for both.... Cleopatra is at the top of the list for our girl, but we haven't thought of anything suitable for the boy yet.... Suggestions are welcome!

Here is a video, the litter is 4 weeks

Thanks for checking in!
Steph
xo







3 comments :

Kathy Skou January 4, 2013 at 7:38 AM  

This LO is just so cute I can't stand it!!! Can't wait to see more happy pictures of the new fur babies!!! Happy New Year Sweets!

Sparklin January 5, 2013 at 5:43 AM  

I'm sorry 2012 was such a bad year for you! Here's to hoping 2013 will be a lot better! Starting with picking up these two cuties! They are adorable! Love Cleo for a girl and Dean for a boy :-)

glorygirl January 8, 2013 at 9:14 PM  

ADORABLE pics and super great layout! May these cuties bring lots of joy your way!