Friday, November 20

LCOM Crop - One Hour Challenge: Scrapbook Layouts


I was in Moncton recently to attend the LCOM Fall crop with the lovely Kristine!  We had so much fun catching up and playing with paper.  We haven't spent any time together since the Spring, so it was a much needed reconnect! 

The crop had two "One Hour Layout" challenges, and I had great fun with the sketches provided!  Having limited time, and limited supplies (since I'm not in my scraproom), really takes the pressure off.  It's a bit surprising, because you would think otherwise.  However, it really forces me to stop over thinking every darn enamel dot placement and to "Get 'er Done!"

The first layout above was a cool chevron sketch, and I used Crate Paper's Wonder collection.  I believe it's meant to be a baby collection, but with all those cute little kitty faces on the paper and embellishments I couldn't resist!

The second layout was a layered layout using Studio Calico's Baxter collection, and I'm still not sure about that pop of yellow... but I'm leaving it in there anyway.  That's what this is all about, to stretch your creativity and get you out of your comfort zone.  I probably would never use this color combo again, but that's ok! 


Thanks for stopping by!
Steph
xo


0 comments :