Thursday, September 25

Poppies and Butterflies

After much thought, and a canvas whitewash....I finally realized that Auntie B's poppies weren't going to happen the way I wanted to with acrylic paints. I began with a fresh 22x38 canvas, and decided to try something else I've never done before...dry brush painting. I tend to have quite a heavy hand when I'm painting, so I thought perhaps a soft focus would do the trick. Here are the results:



I'm quite pleased with it....here's hoping Auntie B and hubby like it ;)


I was up quite late last night scrapping this favorite pic of mine (courtesy of WN)....The photo was taken at my sister's wedding in 2006, I remember the exact moment and how I felt... he still gives me butterflies.






I purchase the new Fancy Pants collections last week and I'm hoping to get some scrapping done with the Daily Grind collection.


Cheers for now


Steph


2 comments :

Anonymous September 26, 2008 at 12:27 AM  

I really like the layout... but that painting is BRILLIANT!!

Anonymous October 21, 2008 at 6:56 PM  

Steph,

you have missed you calling girl...you are a true "artist" at heart...I have had so many great and wonderful comments on the Poppies (balloons..haha) for us...LOVE IT!!!!!

Thanks for being such a great friend (God Child)