Friday, September 12

Art and Life

The other night, I was impatient (shocking, I know) and went ahead with the second layer on Auntie B's painting. I botched it and haven't had the heart to pick it up again to salvage it until tonight. I'm trying to work through the process, because as they always say, its all about the journey.

As someone who is at times referred to as a control freak (again with the shocking revelation), it's difficult for me to surrender to this organic process. After some thought, I've decided to continue with what I originally intended to do: layer upon layer and hope it turns into something that isn't a disgusting blog on the wall.

As in life, the creative process doesn't always work out as planned or intended. However, you discover that more often than not, the most treasure pieces, the more accurate representation of yourself, are the works that were unintentional.

***Just in case I'm wrong though, I bought a new tube of white paint tonight ;)


Here are a few of the project I worked on this week:

- Here is a kit from Creative Scrappers, Morning Glory August. Papers and diecuts are from My Mind's Eye




I cut into my Pink Paislee Pop Fashion and Vintage Moon collections last night, here is a layout of my Mom.

Have a great weekend!

Steph





3 comments :

Anonymous September 13, 2008 at 7:49 AM  

That kit is FANTASTIC! Good luck on your salvage...and YES, you are a control freak...but such a lovable and cute one!

Anonymous September 19, 2008 at 9:04 PM  

I love the layout of your mom and of course that little album is saweeeet!

ps. I tagged you on my blog!!!

Anonymous September 20, 2008 at 10:32 PM  

OMGosh Steph!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that pink chair!!