Thursday, December 10

Yellow Stripes & Kitty - Twinkling H20 Process Video


Ahhh yes, another kitty watercolor!  I just can't seem to get enough of drawing these cats!  I used Twinkling H20 watercolors again, my absolute favorite paints.  They are so creamy, bright and shimmery!

The pen that I use is a discontinued Pilot Permaball Pen, when I found them on sale a few years ago at the local art store, I was so thrilled I bought the entire lot.  I'm not sure what I'll do when they are all used up, but hopefully I won't have to worry about that for some time.

The watercolor pooled here and there on my paper, but that's all part of the learning process.  When I do these sketches and paint them with various watercolors, I really try not to over think things, just do what feels right and let the water do most of the work.  I am not seeking perfection, thank goodness!

The scribbles with ink really help me let go and get over the perfection angle as well.  I know some may look at my work and think "why the heck does she do that?!"... it's just my way of letting go. 

Some days I let go a little too much, and that's ok... a few of my favorite pieces (and my best sellers in my shop) are the paintings that I did on a whim with no thought of the end result.

Here's the Process Video for this watercolor, hope you enjoy! (and yes, next time I paint a bunch of tiny flowers, I will speed up that section of video a bit more LOL)

Steph
xo


0 comments :