Sunday, December 20

Roxy Baby: Scrapbook Layout


Roxy is our 3 year old Silver Doll Faced Persian, and she is such a sweet little girl.  She loves to  fetch, and brings us her favorite foam balls when it's time to play.  She's lean and long, and has a fur coat that can mat after nothing more then a sneeze. 

Grooming her has always been a challenge; she's not aggressive, but sooooo squirmy!  She's also very smart, and knows that I'm a softy.  I let her get away with the wiggle worm routine and half heartily scruff her when I try and comb her out.  So after trying to maintain her fur on my own for about a year (and failing miserably), I asked our groomer to give her a lion cut. 

She didn't enjoy the process much the first time, but within about 5 minute of it being finished you could tell she felt so much better!!  No more mats and she started playing and carrying on like a kitten.  Since then, she is cut every every fall when the winter coat starts coming in... and she hardly squirms at all for the groomer now!

I still maintain her cheeks/tail/nails on my own, and she pulls the wiggle worm routine on me all the time, but I'm getting better at it!  Unfortunately, since I'm the "bad guy" in our house, she tends to ask Dave for snuggles and not me.  I can hold her and give her some love, she's such a sweetie... but I'm not her favorite.  It makes me sad, but I'll win her over one day!!

The layout was created using papers from Gossamer Blue, with some diecuts from Dear Lizzy and embellishments from Studio Calico.  I'm loving all things hand cut these days, scallop borders being my favorite!  (the wonkier the better!)

Hope you're enjoying the weekend!
Steph
xo

0 comments :