Wednesday, September 2

Whatever Makes You Weird....

"Whatever makes you Weird, is probably your greatest asset" - Joss Whedon


This is one of my favorite quotes from one of my most favorite people in Hollywood.  
Mr. Whedon created Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and Firefly; and each of these TV shows has a special place on my DVD bookshelf. 

So when I saw this snippet of a Joss Whedon quote within the Bella Blvd. Color Chaos collection I knew I just had to do an "about me" layout.  I haven't done one in some time and this was just the inspiration that I needed to get started!


Instead of writing a soul searching "Mission Statement", I decided to document what I've been digging lately: Watercolor, Hot Pink, Damien Rice, Outlander etc.  I think it's important to write these things down and so much fun to look back on these types of pages later on.

There are times when I get tired of scrapbooking cat photos (Gasp!), and I constantly question what I love most about this hobby, because let's face it, so many of us get caught up in the crap, the drama and the want of all new and shiny things.

Documenting these type of layouts keeps me grounded in what is important.  It also helps me see where I am in life (no matter how frivolous or trivial), and more importantly: how I've changed and grown over time.

I like things documented.  I want proof.*

Steph
xo

*Gilmore Girls fan here!

0 comments :