Monday, September 28

Watercolor: Tortie Kitty Love!



Here is the latest kitty doodle!  A 9x12 cute Tortie, inspired by our beautiful cat Summer Girl.
(aka Summer Lovin', Summer Breeze and Miss CrankyPants...LOL)

This was my first time using Watercolor Paper: Fabriano 140lb Hot Press, and I really enjoyed it!

If you are unfamiliar with the difference between Hot and Cold pressed Watercolor paper, it's very simple: Cold=Textured   Hot=Smooth
(I'm sure there are other variables that distinguish them, but I'm still learning)

The paint and water flow differently when you're working on a smooth surface, so I'm sure there will be a bit of a learning curve while I work through the paper pad.

Along with the Fabriano paper, I used my lovely Twinkling H20s and favorite Pilot pen.  I still can't seem to leave the dark pen marks off my page.  I love the soft watercolor look on other artists work, but I never feel like my pieces are finished until I messy mark them up with black!

Until next time!
Steph
xo


1 comments :

MAGDALENA September 28, 2015 at 3:21 PM  

That is the cutest kitty! Love your style!