Tuesday, September 29

Scrapbook & Cards Today Fall Issue and a Double Layout


Have you downloaded the latest copy of the Scrapbook & Cards Today issue?  If you haven't,  I suggest you click here and do it now!  It is a wonderful issue with so much inspiration! They knocked it out of the park again and I can't wait to receive my paper copy in the mail soon.  There's just something I love about a printed copy in hand (I'm old school I guess).

I was thrilled when they asked me to contribute to their Pet Feature, and thought it would be the perfect time to create a layout featuring ALL 6 CATS!  Yes, you read that correctly... I had yet to do this with our new gang!

*The last time I did this, was with my old gang in 2008

I pulled out my American Crafts Shimelle collection and created a double layout.... because when you have 6 cats, you need a double layout to accommodate them all!


I struggled with photo placement on this one, but I think that has more to do with the fact that I'm not used to scrapbooking more than one photo at a time.  I wanted to be sure all cats had equal focus, and I think I was successful.

For those of you who are new readers, 6 cats really isn't a lot once you get used to it.... For a short time before we adopted the Persians we were down to 3 and the house was so empty!!   I could do without the fur though, thank goodness for a robust vacuum cleaner ;-)

Thanks for stopping by!
Steph
xo

1 comments :

Elizabeth Cooper September 29, 2015 at 9:36 AM  

What a gorgeous layout! I adore pet layouts - cats, especially, since I have one - and I rarely see them out there in the scrapbooking world. I love how the layout itself feels "homey". You've translated that feeling of a full, happy house so beautifully into your layout. :)