Saturday, October 1

.... a new creative fear

I've been working on a new 6x12 mixed media canvas this weekend, stretching those She Art muscles...warming up to adding gesso to the two 24x30 canvas' on my shelf!

I can't seem to find any artwork for our living room that I like, and thought maybe I could do two matching paintings, but I'm so nervous to start the process!  Have you ever had this creative fear?  I think it may be because I have a goal in mind... (and I don't normally) 

So here is what I'm waiting to dry...can you spot the Sassafras paper whimsies and cards?  I'll try and get a better photo of it once the rain stops :)



Here are the other layouts I finished at the LCOM crop a couple of weeks ago! I still can't believe how many I was able to get finished...looking forward to the next one in November :)
Anyway, wish me luck!
Have a great weekend
Steph
xo








2 comments :

JJ Sobey October 1, 2011 at 10:06 PM  

I had to click on the canvas to take a closer look. I love it! The texture in the background is awesome, and the colour blending is so pretty!

Kathy Skou October 1, 2011 at 10:23 PM  

LOVE the canvas... I know your fear, I just started one of my own design.. I've taken a class before, just never done it all on my own! Hope mine is as pretty as yours!