Tuesday, October 11

The Reason why I Scrapbook...




This past week my work brought me to Saint John, NB and I was able to scrapbook all three evenings with the lovely Kristine!  The hotel was kind enough to let me have one  of their large conference room tables all week, so we had lots of space for our scrappy supplies.  I finished 6 layouts during this time, but felt this one needed its own posting. 

Although, I've always thought of this blog as a more of a place to share my love of scrapbooking and other artsy crafty stuff, a bit of my personal life gets thrown in for good measure.  Its really difficult for it not too considering how much of ourselves we tend to put on a scrappy page :) 

If you've ever visited before, it would be obvious that I am a cat lover.....7 cats in particular have my heart at this time in my life....and this layout it about the cat that started it all over 15 years ago.

Seymour (aka: Boogie the Booganator, Boogs and Boogie Woogie) has been showing signs of his age lately.  The most recent being a serious kidney infection that put him on a 21 day antibiotic regime...and the vet asking me to read between the lines and prepare myself.  He was gentle about it, but I know how serious it is especially in combo with his hyperthyroidism.   I'm trying to stay positive, but at the same time trying to prepare myself for the inevitable.  Its a fine balance, and I try not to dwell on the negative. 

This layout helped me process my feelings with a bit of hidden journaling , capture the moment and remind myself to enjoy.  Enjoy every moment.  (and lets have hope that there will be many more!)

Thanks for letting me share
Steph
xo




2 comments :

Kathy Skou October 11, 2011 at 7:29 AM  

He's so sweet, and so is this layout! I've been where you are now... so here's a big HUG!

Tracy October 12, 2011 at 12:07 PM  

Love this layout... So cute and yet so touching. Thanks for Sharing,
Tracy