Wednesday, March 24

Balance

Hi folks!
Some fantastic news to report....I sold my house on Friday! Yay! After 5 months of worrying, hoping and everything being on hold "until I sell the house..." its finally done! I'm so thrilled, and can't wait to get the rest of my things moved to Halifax :)

And of course, because the universe always balances things out....Dave and I came home from a quick Saint John trip Monday night to a leaky toilet tank in the basement. The water had gone from the washroom and then into the next room that just so happens to house ALL of my scrappy supplies! Yikes!

Thanks goodness the rec room has some funky foam floor (installed before I moved in so Dave could practice Karate) the water hadn't reached more than an inch so the flooring kept everything pretty dry. However in order to dry the basement out after shutting off the toilet, we had to move all of my things out of the way and lift up the tiles...so no scrappin' for me!

We've mopped it all up, and have had the dehumidifier and Humidex on full blast...so I'm hoping it may be ok to begin putting things back to normal tonight...if not, I think I'll be bringing some scrappy and Whimsy supplies upstairs tonight! tee hee

hugs
Steph
xo

4 comments :

Frances March 24, 2010 at 11:48 AM  

Well, big congrats on selling the house, but so sorry about the big mess! YUCK! Life is something huh?

Melissa Mann March 24, 2010 at 2:44 PM  

Big congrats on selling the house! And I'm glad all your scrappy stuff is safe!!!!

On my way... March 24, 2010 at 9:38 PM  

Yay re. the house!!! Crud re. the toilet!!! Eeeek re. the near catastrophe with scrappy supplies!!! Glad everything's ok :D

xx

Mel March 25, 2010 at 3:16 AM  

Yes that is how the universe seems to work, I am so happy you sold your house and also happy the water didn't get your precious scrap supplies.