Monday, March 29

45 Minutes of Cross Stitching

Some of you who've known me for some time, know that I was an avid cross stitcher before catching the scrapbook bug in 2008. I picked up needle and thread for the first time last night since I began scrapbooking...and I have to admit, it was quite enjoyable!

I've always had a few favorite designers, Mirabilia, Dragon Dreams, Lizzie Kate, Fanci That, Mosey'n Me, Bent Creek, Black Swan, Enchanting Lair, Theresa Wentzler...Just to name a few!

I loved combining these beautiful patterns with some fun and funky hand dyed linen and threads...but alas, Sugar Maple Fabrics is no more :( Very sad to see a wonderful Canadian shop close. I guess I will have to choose which SMF fabbies from my stash I use very carefully from now on as they are VERY expensive on Ebay! LOL

Here is my progress on the Emerald Mermaid...as I mentioned, I was only stitching for about 45min last night, so there isn't much to see yet hehe



Here is what the end result should look like ;)



Cheers,

Steph


3 comments :

JJ Sobey April 1, 2010 at 12:09 AM  

Oh No - SMF is gone?!!? I'll seriously have to guard my stash now!

I love Mirabilia as well, and I adore her mother's work Told in a Garden / Lavender & Lace
tiag.com

my cross stitching has also taken a back seat to scrapbooking. and well, kids, LOL!

Zoe April 1, 2010 at 11:16 AM  

I love cross stitching! I do get very "cross" though when a stitch foes wrong! hehe

Cindy S. April 1, 2010 at 2:45 PM  

OMGosh!I was a cross stitcher too! I don't know if I would have the patience for it now though.. Love your pattern!!