Wednesday, January 18

Studio Calico: Far Far Away Kit Cards





These were two of my favorite stamp sets from Studio Calico, and I'm so happy I finally dug them out and put them to use!  The fruit set was from one of their kits: Far Far Away and the cactus set was from  Life.Love.Paper set that is no longer available (shucks! It's so cute!)

The fruit cards were stamped, colored with Copics, fussy cut and adhered with pop dots for dimension... and the houseplant was stamped directly onto the card using a masking technique.

I'll let you in on something: the little heart on the above pineapple wasn't planned!  It was a coloring error that I had to figure out how to correct!  I love happy accidents!  I may not have thought about adding the heart if it wasn't for that mistake, and I think it really brightens up the card!

Embrace your mistakes, and make the best out of them... they help your creativity grow!
Cheers,
Steph

0 comments :