Tuesday, January 17

Midnight Sketchbook Practice


I've been trying to get better with my daily practice, and I've noticed a trend in my behavior: midnight scribbles before bed!  On the days when I haven't had time to sit down and create, I find myself picking up my sketchbook and laying down a few marks before going to sleep.

They are usually quick and messy, and end up being favorites!  Maybe not anything that I would share or hang on the wall, but that's not what they're meant for anyway :-)

Keeping loose with my marks is such an important practice.  One that I never realized was so important until I actually started doing it and noticed improvements and growth with my drawings (I only started doodling/drawing a couple of years ago!).

Give it a try!  You may surprise yourself as I did!
Cheers,
Steph

0 comments :