Monday, October 4

The night before my Birthday!

For those of you who know me....I love birthdays!  Especially my own!  LOL  I make sure everyone knows its my bday, every year....hehe Not for gifts or anything like that, but I grew up in a household where Birthdays were very special. 

My mother always considered it a celebration of life, of your place in this beautiful world of ours, and it was never something to be ashamed or embarrassed about!  I guess that thinking has really stuck with us, even as I turn 36, I know my Mom will call me at work tomorrow morning to "sing" me happy birthday (since she's almost 3 hours away).  She doesn't just sing the first few lines either.....she sings the ENTIRE song!  So cute! 

We have a busy week ahead of us, so Dave took me out to celebrate tonight...went to the Hamachi Steakhouse downtown Halifax and it was amazing!  The entertainment itself was super fun, but the food...oh the food was so delicious.  I think I'll remember that fried rice 6 months from now, it was THAT awesome!  I can't wait till we go again :)

Here's a layout I worked on this past weekend, to reflect upon my 35th year....almost everything in this layout is Sassafras of course!
Thanks for stopping by!
Steph xo




6 comments :

Kristine October 4, 2010 at 11:23 PM  

fabulous page sweets, you've had a very " productive " and pretty meaningful 35... glad you and Davie can be together.. but sad you are so far from me.. Love the layout you Sassie Girl! HUGS and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Kat October 4, 2010 at 11:51 PM  

happy birthday, stephanie! i hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow and a very blessed 36th year!

Scrapamum October 5, 2010 at 12:47 AM  

Happy Birthday, I love that layout! Just gorgeous!!!

Jennifer Grace October 5, 2010 at 5:21 AM  

Gorgeous layout. Love the bright colours, and the whimsy cloud! My mum always calls to sing me happy birthday too - she makes anyone who's there join in so I often have a chorus! HAPPY BIRTHDAY xx

On my way... October 5, 2010 at 8:58 PM  

Oh its GORGEOUS!!! Happy Birthday Steph!!!!! *MWAH*

xx

Kathy October 8, 2010 at 11:51 PM  

I love your layout! So bright and cheery! Sounds like you definitely had a busy year. Happy Birthday to you! Love all your crafty goodness and inspiration!