Sunday, October 4

My Glimmer Mist Lessons Learned

Hi Folks,

I mentioned in a previous post about a layout I was working on and I had a bit of a Glimmer Mist accident...well, here is the layout:

Although, I have to admit....after having it hanging on my wall for a few weeks, I kinda like the Glimmer Mist Sprays now! At first, I felt is was too much, too obvious etc...but I like it now :)

I did learn a few things:

- Glimmer Mists is wonderful when using Riff Raff embellies, you don't lose any of the laser cut details you would if you painted with acrylics etc.

- Spritz your work BEFORE adding your photo! (you can't really see in this photo, but Dave and I are all spotted tee hee!)

- Spritz your work BEFORE using a transparency otherwise you will see an obvious outline

- Its better to begin at a distance and work your way into the page if you only want a light spritz....otherwise you will get blotches like I did above.

All in all, I really enjoy using the sprays, however they do take a bit of practice etc. I used them to fancy up some white Prima flowers last week and it was so much fun! Just love the shimmer they add, so subtle but effective :)

Here is a layout I was working on last weekend, practicing my doodling....Sassafras Me Likey Collection

Cheers,

Steph

5 comments :

Kristine October 5, 2009 at 12:06 AM  

stephie, i love the blotchie / extra sprayed glimmer mist effect... adds a nice touch to your page! TFS

Aphra Bolyer October 5, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

Oh, Stephanie, this Me Likey layout is fabulous. I've had this line for a while and wasn't sure if I liked it, but this layout seals the deal.....LOVE it!

Cindy S. October 5, 2009 at 3:46 PM  

WOW! LOVE what you did with the glimmer mist-it really suits your LO! (and OMWord, the doodling on your Sass LO is PRIMO!) Fab, Girl!

Tracey Taylor October 6, 2009 at 9:46 AM  

Oh there nothing at all "too much" about this misting. I think it looks simply WONDERFUL. What a great page. Beautiful work, as always.

Rosa October 8, 2009 at 2:24 PM  

Wow! you sure know your way around the Sass! Absolutely gorgeous layouts and creations!