Sunday, October 11

Mixed Media: Funky Feathered Owl YouTube Process Video


This feathered friend was such fun to make!  I struggled a bit with the background, but all in all I am pleased with how it turned out.

I bought some new supplies last week and wanted to give them a try, however I think I need to spend some time using them on a Bristol paper piece before using them on a canvas again.

The Golden Fluid Acrylic paints were lovely, but I need to get to know their properties and how best to use them.  I have a few more colors on their way to me next week, so I will be sure to spend some time playing once they arrive.

The oil paint sticks were a bit tricky, and not at all what I expected.  I think they would have done better on a smoother surface to begin with, rather than my textured star background... but again, I need to play and get to know their properties.  I forgot to prepare them before recording the video, so my apologies for the struggle captured when I was trying to remove the "skin" before using it! LOL

I used a ton of ink on this fella, I just can't seem to help it these days!  I love the messy, inky, scribbled look!  Going between the bamboo and glass pens really gave me a variety in line definition, and I had so much fun!

Here is the process video, hope you enjoy it!
Steph
xo


Supplies used:
8x8 Gesso Canvas
Misc Paint brushes
Foam (recycled electronic packaging, instead of foam brushes)
Liquitex Black Carbon Ink
Punchinella
Bubble wrap
Misc Stencils
Gallery Oil Pastels
Windsor Newton OilBar (White)
Maya Mist (Lime Metallic)
Mr Huey (Banana Stand)
Stazon Ink
Tim Holtz Rubber Stamps

Glass Pen Handmade by www.etsy.com/ca/shop/GypsyRoadCanada





0 comments :