Monday, March 19

Heartbroken...



My heart is broken with the loss of my beautiful Seymour (aka Boogie, Boogs, The Booginator) last week.  He wiggled into my life 15 years ago and has been my consent companion since they day I brought him home.  He was the first cat I adopted, the one who ignited my passion for these phenomenal creatures, and the one who gave me a headbutt every day for most of my adult life.

I know my heart will mend with time, but for now I miss him.  Its the little things like putting one less cat food dish out in the morning or finding a twist tie under the bed that catch me off guard and hit me the hardest. 

Rest in Peace my beautiful Boogie and know that you were loved

xo

(Creative Scrappers Sketch #200)






4 comments :

Kathy Skou March 19, 2012 at 2:55 PM  

Steph, I know exactly what you're going through, I lost my Spike after 14 wonderful years... sending you big hugs!

Tracee March 19, 2012 at 7:31 PM  

It's so hard when we lose our furry friends, could't pass by without sending a hug your way! Tx

Skrimp N Skrap March 19, 2012 at 11:33 PM  

My mom says that grieving over the loss of a pet is the price we pay for loving them and for their love. It's painful, but worth it. Many warm thoughts being sent your way.

Lucia March 23, 2012 at 4:29 PM  

Hi steph! I'm really sorry for Boogie :( but happy i came across your wonderful blog though :) i'm a crafty nerd,too. you did an amazing job on the CS's sketch and i love your blog! (i also made a page for this sketch - with our doggie :-) lots of hugs from italy, Lucia xxx