Tuesday, May 3

She Was Happy to be Herself.....She Art Canvas!

Here is my very first She Art Girl canvas!  This is really my first attempt at any form of mixed media and I have to say I LOVED IT!!!!  The layers of paint, ink, rubons and even modeling paste was just a joy to play with...I can't wait to attempt my next canvas!

The She Art Classes given by Christy Thomlinson are so fun, and VERY informative!  I couldn't wait for the classes to finish, I think I began painting my girl in the middle of the second class LOL  (patience is not one of my virtues)  However I'd like to think that it is indicative of the quality of Christy's instructions!  I didn't have any of the smaller 6x12 canvas' on hand, so this girl is a whopping 16x20!




I think I now have the Mixed Media bug (like I needed another hobby!) and although I have ordered a few things from Christy's shop (Punchinella, Pens and some 6x12 canvas') this is a wonderful way to use up my outdated scrappy supplies :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Steph
xo

2 comments :

JJ Sobey May 3, 2011 at 8:36 PM  

LOVE it! The colours are awesome, and I love all the depth you've created in the colours.

Kristine Davidson May 3, 2011 at 10:21 PM  

hee!! you did good ;-) I love her hair!! i want hair like that ;-) cool colors!! i need to finsih mine